Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration (or an explanation has been provided in Comments to the Editor).
- The submission file is in OpenOffice, Microsoft Word, or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- The text is 1,3-spaced; uses a 11-point font; employs italics, rather than underlining (except with URL addresses); and all illustrations, figures, and tables are placed within the text at the appropriate points, rather than at the end.
- The text adheres to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines.
Papers are intended to present new research and best-practices concerning methods, technologies and their application in the cultural heritage sector as well as thorough discussions of their impact and theoretical implications in the field. The papers are subject to single-blind peer-review by external reviewers and members of the scientific committee of CHNT.
The papers will be presented in a session at the conference. The paper should be submitted in the form of a long abstract.
Short papers provide the opportunity to present a wide range of topics, ranging from the presentation of new projects, preliminary reports or the exchange of experiences and smaller tweaks in the application of already established methods and technologies. Short papers are reviewed by the session chairs and the editorial team of CHNT.
The short papers will be presented in a round table or a session at the conference. The short paper should be submitted in the form of a long abstract.
The “CHNT Poster Session” is a thematically “open” call for papers, but must be within the framework of the conference. A poster submission can also be linked to a session or round table.
The work will be presented as a poster during the entire conference and the authors are invited to give a short presentation of their project. The poster should be described in the form of a long abstract.
Best Poster Award
Every year, the Scientific Committee of CHNT is looking forward to the great and outstanding posters and is glad to honor the “best poster” as one of the highlights of the conference. The winner of this year’s award is allowed to publish the proposed work as long paper in the conference’s proceedings.
- Size of the Poster: A0 (841 x 1188 mm)
- Orientation: portrait
- Design the poster space carefully by using several sections including title, objectives, methodology, input data, case study, results, analysis, conclusion(s), etc. All sections should be clearly and nicely presented, e.g. by using frames and colours
- Use large characters that are at least 10 mm (e.g. Arial, Times New Roman). Do not use more than 2000 characters
- Give each section a title and a brief explanation
- Prepare enlarged figures / photographs (3–5) with a minimum size of 200 mm by 250 mm
- Do not forget to put the author(s)’ name(s), affiliation and email-address(es) on the poster
Delivering your Presentation
- Each author has to present the poster within a 2 minutes oral presentation
- Send a digital copy of your accepted poster or a detail (PDF) by October 15, 2022 to email@example.com. (max. files size: 2 MB)
- Bring your poster in hard copy format to the conference on Thursday, November 10, 2022 between 8 and 9 am to the registration point or use our printing service
- Accepted posters will be shown for the duration of the conference
The format of this session shall give especially young scientists the opportunity to perform their “first steps” into the scientific community but, of course, it is not limited to those.
I transfer to the CHNT-ICOMOS Austria association and the Heidelberg University Library for the duration of the copyright term and with no regional limitation the non-exclusive right to reproduce the work, which may consist of one or more files, and the supplied metadata on its servers, to store it permanently and electronically and to make it available on international data networks. The rights to exploit the work in any other form will remain unaffected. Heidelberg University Library is entitled to make such modifications as are technically necessary to ensure the long-term preservation of the work while maintaining the integrity of the work's contents.
The work will be published under the CC BY-NC-ND 3.0 License.
In addition, I transfer to the CHNT-ICOMOS Austria association and the Heidelberg University Library the right to copy and distribute the work, respectively the files provided with a corresponding license, as a Print on Demand (PoD) version or on any storage medium (CD-ROM, CD-I, E-Book, etc.).
Both institutions are entitled to transfer the rights granted by this agreement, without special permission, wholly or partially to another person and to transfer non-exclusive rights to other libraries, archives or open access platforms, such as repositories of the relevant special subject collection libraries, in case of a PoD license to service providers and to supra-regional network database systems for long-term preservation, such as the Deutsche Nationalbibliothek/ German National Library Frankfurt/Main, Leipzig.
I certify that I am authorized to grant the rights of use to the work, including the contained text and/ or images of a third party.
I further certify that I am responsible for the content of the work and that with such a publication no legal regulations or rights of a third party are infringed.
I commit myself to inform the CHNT-ICOMOS Austria association and the Heidelberg University Library immediately if after publication alleged or actual infringements of third party rights should be enforced and to release the the CHNT-ICOMOS Austria association and the Heidelberg University Library from any third party claim and to cover all costs resulting from such claims.
I will not receive any compensation for the publication of the submitted work.
The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.